How do I use my keyboard to navigate?
If you're the sort of person who uses a keyboard to get around your iPad, you'll be super glad to hear that GIFwrapped has a number of sweet keyboard shortcuts you'll definitely want to take advantage of. Most of the core functionality is accessible without touching the screen, making it easy to get in and out like a heckin' pro.
If you would like to suggest additional shortcuts, please feel free to get in touch! I'd love to make GIFwrapped even more accessible by keyboard. I don't know about you, but my iPad looks like a kindergartener got in touch with their artistic side.
While plenty of shortcuts are available without selecting an individual GIF, the arrow keys open up a whole new world. By default, arrow keys will navigate one item at a time, including in various menus that open up (like the share menu).
To get around a little quicker, hold down the command key (⌘) to move all the way to the end in the direction of the arrow key you press.
While an image is selected, you can use additional shortcuts to perform the most common actions with that image:
- Return – Open the preview screen.
- ⌘ S – Open the share menu (and use the arrow keys to navigate the available options).
- ⌘ I – Open the information screen (no arrow keys here, though).
- ⌘ C – Copy the image to the clipboard.
- ⌘ option C – Copy the URL to the clipboard (if there's one available).
- ⌘ delete – Delete the image (you'll need to confirm on-screen).
- option delete – Clear the current selection.
Many of these same shortcuts are available from the preview screen as well.
There's a few other shortcuts that should help you get around the app, to make use of those sweet image shortcuts:
- ⌘ 1 – Switch to the Library tab.
- ⌘ 2 – Switch to the Search tab.
- ⌘ 3 – Switch to the Photos tab.
- ⌘ 4 – Switch to the Settings tab.
⌘ , – Switch to the Settings tab.
⌘ O – Open the import menu while on the Library tab.
- control S – Open the sort menu while on the Library tab.
- ⌘ F – Start a search from both the Library and Search tabs.
- option delete – Dismiss the current screen, or go back.